Sunday, June 24, 2012

Could I Really be a Cowboys Fan?

Oh my gosh I think I am becoming a Cowboys fan.....

Well maybe not a fan, but WOW! What a facility. To call it just a stadium does Jerry Jones an injustice, for it is much, much more. I could not believe my eyes for a majority of the trip. Everything in the building was so precisely thought out. For heavens sake, in the areas that looked like hotel room lobbies, they made sure to shape the chandeliers like footballs to remind people where they were. It was all completely breathtaking. We started the tour with a good overlook of the field and some facts about the stadium, which is worth a grand total of $1.2 BILLION, including the $40 million TV in the middle of the field. We proceeded to club level reception areas, executive suites, and then down into the cheerleaders and players locker rooms. Following that, we go to head out onto the field, going through the same tunnel that the players do when they head out on game day. Being on the field was remarkable. I can only image what it would be like if there were 80,000 people in the building watching me as I did so.

Our group got a picture on the star at midfield, and then proceeded into the stands as one of Brent Seebohm's (faculty member on the trip) former colleagues spoke to us, because he now works for the Cowboys. There were 2 takeaways that stuck with me. The first was what he said about sports and being a business, particularly that often times he forgets that he is really connected with a sports team. I found that somewhat ironic. But secondly, he talked about sales. He told us that we have to be able to sell ANYTHING if we want to move up in this business. Whether it be selling ourselves in an interview, or selling an executive suite for the Dallas Cowboys, sales are everywhere.

We have settled into the hotel for the evening, and are ready to root on the cats! I am very excited for this upcoming week, really hoping to start to network and learn as much as I possibly can and make this a truly valuable experience.

That's all for now!

Ben

PS....I will be uploading more pictures and linking it to the blog somehow. I obviously can't attach them all to every post, but I still want to share them. I am hoping to have that done soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment